In today's business environment, organizations are focusing mainly on their core business activity, and are desirous of joining hands with experts who can handle their compliance of various statutes that apply to them based on the nature and scale of their operations.
UCS provides a gamut of services to its clients primarily in the HRD (Human Resource Development) and labour law domain. It serves as a partner to its clients and offers its expertise in all statutory compliance requirements, thereby enabling them to do what they do best in their industry. This works out as a win-win solution for both parties. Some of the prominent statutory acts that we help comply with are Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, Minimum Wages Act, Employee State Insurance, Employee Provident Fund, etc. (for a detailed list click here).
UCS supports and helps represent the client at the time of any audit or Government inspection with reference to the Acts mentioned above.
We are present in all the major cities and are capable of serving our clients across the country.
We relieve our clients from all compliance related responsibility of statutory acts, within the ambit of labour law, by taking care of all the compliances. We have our presence in multiple cities across India and are able to offer such services all under one roof at your doorstep for the following Acts:
- Shops and Commercial Establishments Act
- Minimum Wages Act
- Payment of Wages Act
- Labour Welfare Fund Act
- Industrial Establishments (National & Festival Holidays) Act
- Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act
- Payment of Gratuity Act
- Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act
- Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings & Employment's Act
- Equal Remuneration Act
- Maternity Benefit Act
- Payment of Bonus Act
- Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act
- Employees' State Insurance Act
- Weekly Holidays Act
- Employees Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provisions Act
- Industrial Dispute Act
- The Factories Act
- Workmen's Compensation Act
- The Child Labour ( Prohibition and Regulation ) Act
LIAISON WITH AUTHORITIES
We help our clients’ obtain registration and renewal of certificates and licenses under various labour laws and acts from Central and State government bodies. We assist in getting exemptions and approvals from the government department within the ambit of HRD and Labour law. With good understanding of our clients business environment, strong understanding of the workings of the Acts and effective public relations, we are able to tactfully interact with the government authorities and enable our clients to adhere to the requirements.
We review the labour law compliance practices and perform gap analysis for our clients. We provide consulting services to our clients to close the gaps and help our clients and their third party contractors become compliant with the existing rules of the Acts. We further offer training and guidelines on Labour law rules and stipulations to our clients and their contractors. We document and maintain the records and registers for our clients. We support our clients with statutory remittances, returns and challans that needs to be submitted with the Government bodies.
Some of the key support activities extended to our clients are:
- Registration of establishment and contractors
- Maintenance of registers as specified in the Acts
- Timely preparation of returns to be submitted with government authorities
- Represent our clients for inspections conducted by inspectors from the Labour office
Our audit team reviews Labour law compliance practices of our clients to give assurance on compliance of various statutory acts. Instances where our client acts as the Principal Employer, we review the documents of Contractors and service providers of our clients and perform due diligence. We provide detailed Audit report on applicable compliances with identified risk areas and ratings. During mergers and acquisitions, we perform due diligence (for Labour laws) on the acquired company.
We retain the records produced by the auditee for our clients and re-produce them during inspection from government authorities.
Audit provides the following benefits:
- Impendent, realistic and unbiased opinion/observations on the effectiveness of operations
- Auditors possess experience in diversified industries and domains and are able to determine best practices that are followed across industries
- Low cost solutions can be arrived at and recommended to achieve compliance as per changing environment
- Audit reports identify high risk findings and helps management to focus on key areas of improvement